Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sneeze! Cough! Gasp!(aro)


Too be copletely honest, Mr. Paul Gasparo really did impress me. I remember the day I sat in front of my computer typing in his name of ratemyproffesor.com, but didn't find anything. I went ahead and signed up for his class. And that decision became a very smart one. Expecting the class to be simple because it was the introductory level english class, and because it was a TCC class, was nothing of what I expected.

Mr. Gasparo got started right away. We began writing papers from the start. He kept everyone on their feet. There was never a break, always had some form of writing to do or work on. He lead us to explore the blogs that I am writing on right now, that I wasn't to familar with until now. He showed us how to write an argument paper and annotated bibliography, which I had never done before. I wasn't sure how to begin and write those papers, but everything was explained in class, and he was always willing to help on the papers. The best thing about paul was that he used blackboard to its advantage. He posted everything you could imagine on blackboard. He gave us student examples, prompts, rubrics, and even had recorded classes in a podcast tab. I felt like that was the easy way for us to recieve information.

Overall, this class was a great experience. It was a pleasure to recieve my english credit under a good english teacher. I recommend this teacher to other students thinking about taking English 111. I am usually very skeptical when it comes to teachers, but paul definitly did his job and more.

2 comments:

  1. I hate ratings up there from last semester and from Fall '08. Are you sure you spelled my name correctly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding your original argument, you'll definitely be able to work on that again. It's arguable and you'll be able to support that. Consider it for 112 if your instructor allows it.

    ReplyDelete